Saturday, June 25, 2016

Stories in My Coat Pocket



This is Rick Davis.

I met him yesterday on board The Islander on our way to Santa Rosa.

His father served in WWII and Rick served in Vietnam.

He affectionately called me a little asshole for taking his picture and we cried about our friends who've been hurt in war and death and he told me his favorite secret fishing spot in the Sierras.
I'm going to go visit him and his wife Heidi and learn more about fishing and the backcountry and climbing.

This.

This is what makes the pain we encounter in life tolerable...when we meet other humans who honor us by sharing their stories and we store a piece of that history in our dusty coat pockets until we can pass it along to someone else.


Till we meet again, Rick!!


xo xo Liz 



No comments:

Post a Comment